FROM a distance, the Cairns Hockey fields looked like a rave party on Saturday morning.
IT was the simple act of picking up a perfume bottle which hurt the most.
GREEN Island's most famous animal, Cassius the croc, turned a cracking 110 years old yesterday and celebrated with a specially made croc cake.
A DOG's life didn't look such a bad option as many waggy tails took to the Esplanade yesterday for the Million Paws Walk.
MICROSOFT'S bing has given Cairns a boost in the UK.
Yesterday the search engine giant used a Getty image of The Great Barrier reef on its homepage, exposing Cairns to millions of searchers across the globe.
THE Far North is the most dangerous place in Queensland to be a cyclist, with more fatalities here in the past eight years than anywhere else in the state. MORE
IT'S been almost 12 months in the making but in less than a week Cairns audiences will see one of the most captivating dance performances of 2013 as Phluxus2 Dance Collective premieres its newest work de-generator at the Centre of Contemporary Arts. more
THE Far North's funniest comedians will get their chance to strut their stuff alongside some of Australia's best this weekend at the Port Douglas Carnivale Open Mic Comedy competition.
- Mining bonanza as 8000 in Far North Queensland apply for 250 jobs
- Cairns number one regional destination for conventions
- The small problems at work that cost a lot
- Samsung says it has successfully tested 5G wireless
- Families hit by cut to baby bonus in Federal Budget
- Sea of red ink risks AAA credit status on eve of Federal Budget
- Gurus hired to build $35m Cairns Aquarium
- It's all about meme
- Have you got the magic touch give Ironmen a good rub?
- Blak the new black in fashion modelling around Cairns
- The etiquette of being social media polite
- Cairns Ukulele Festival shaping up to hit all the right notes
- With the swipe of the hand, children lose ability to pick up pencils
- A taste of the good life in the Far North
- Crunch the numbers for home loans
- Lower interest rates next year could still be to come
- Take the stress out of selling your home
- The garish trends that result in interior horror and send buyers packing
- Borrowers saving hundreds of thousands in mortgage fees
- Investor interest is climbing higher
- Creative terms employed in real estate