A 25-year-old man has been denied bail after he allegedly assaulted his partner while she held a five-month-old baby and burnt her with a piece of meat.
UPDATE: A MAN who assisted in an arson which caused almost $90,000 damage to a Manunda unit has been sentenced to two years' jail, but the term has been wholly suspended.
AS the outgoing Queen of the Knob, Rachel Bradley is looking forward to a little bit of anonymity.
A FAR Northern mother who saved the life of the man who sexually abused her 11-year-old daughter has described an extension of his jail sentence as "bittersweet".
UPDATE: A MAN facing drug charges alongside his stepson did not apply for bail in the Cairns Magistratesí Court this morning.
A YOUNG driver may have landed herself in trouble after boasting about knocking a cyclist off their bike on Twitter. MORE
ATTEMPTING to replace all your living room devices with a single unit, Microsoft has launched its new gaming console, the Xbox One, at Microsoft HQ in Seattle. more
ALMOST directly across the road from the manic scenes of the Cannes Film Festival red carpet, a banner unfurled on the fourth floor of a modest building reads simply: "Australia".
- Apocalyptic interactive dance at de-generator at Centre of Contemporary Arts
- Time for a big laugh at Port Douglas Carnivale's comedy events
- Hip-hop heroes Bliss N Eso are sky-high over new album
- Guy Sebastian on music, pop and family
- Something for everybody on first weekend of Port Douglas Carnivale 2013
FAR Northern aviation company Heli Charters is merging with Townsville-based company Nautilus Aviation. more
- Far North Queensland building projects compete for architecture awards
- Airport extends Ironman support in Far North Queensland
- Cairns Legacy ex-president to fight sacking and eviction of caretakers
- Cairns region in pitch to European travellers
- Green light for Cape bauxite mine
- Mining bonanza as 8000 in Far North Queensland apply for 250 jobs
- Cairns number one regional destination for conventions
ARE you a smartly-dressed, single man in your 30s? Well congratulations, you're the kind of passenger who's the most likely to get a flight upgrade. more
- It's all about meme
- Have you got the magic touch give Ironmen a good rub?
- Blak the new black in fashion modelling around Cairns
- The etiquette of being social media polite
- Cairns Ukulele Festival shaping up to hit all the right notes
- With the swipe of the hand, children lose ability to pick up pencils
- A taste of the good life in the Far North
PROPERTY prices in Cairns are surpassing most regional cities across the state following a leap inthe past quarter. more
- Smart tips for first timers
- Time for a realty check
- Crunch the numbers for home loans
- Lower interest rates next year could still be to come
- Take the stress out of selling your home
- The garish trends that result in interior horror and send buyers packing
- Borrowers saving hundreds of thousands in mortgage fees