Sentences pending for asylum seekers who escaped Scherger Immigration Detention Centre in Far North Queensland
A GROUP of asylum seekers who escaped from the Scherger Immigration Detention Centre in Far North Queensland are expected to be sentenced next month.
RESIDENTS have expressed outrage after the State Government revealed a crocodile living around the Mowbray Bridge has been targeted for removal for showing "aggressive behaviour".
A COMMITTEE of four councillors all from the Unityteam will make key decisions about the looming CBD makeover in Cairns, scorning colleagues who say the process should be more transparent and involve the full council.
CAIRNS are buckling under pressure to pay thousands for home and contents insurance per year with high excesses and massive jumps in premiums punishing families already struggling with the rising cost of living.
IT was just one sentence, said with a confidence and even a little enthusiasm.
- Fallen Tiger toughs it out ahead of Cairns match
- Cairns' Charlie set to walk tall
- Cairns marathon contest attracts good run of entrants
- Cairns crowd satisfied with Rabbitohs victory
- Rabbitohs prevail over Titans in Cairns thriller
- Souths coach sends warning to Titans ahead of NRL clash in Cairns
- Cairns set to reap big rewards from NRL match
JAMES Gandolfini, best known as mob boss Tony Soprano, has died in Italy at the age of 51, according to widespread reports. more
- Something For Kate play sold out show at Tanks Arts Centre for Leave Your Soul To Science Tour
- Movie review: Despicable Me 2 a quirky delight for the whole family
- Lennon Bros Circus has fun covered at Munro Martin Park in Cairns
- Survive the zombie apocalypse with World War Z prize packs
- The Cat Empire announce two shows at Tanks Arts Centre on October 5 and 6
NORTH Queensland's crippled live-export market has suffered another blow with a Queensland Government mission to Indonesia being told that fatwas were being issued, decreeing that pre-slaughter cattle stunning not be allowed. more
- Is $5600 a year too much for home insurance? Far North Queenslanders feel policy pain
- Getting divorced? Cairns lawyers start collective to make it cheaper
- Cairns Tropical Zoo set to downsize and redevelop
- Tablelands hit by highest power bills outside the southeast
- Tax debt enough to make you sick
- Seam of hope as mining boom cash flows to Far North Queensland
- Could renewables be the answer for Far North Queensland's power supplies?
- Children of alcoholics more likely to drink, smoke and suffer depression
- Of wooden ships and iron men
- Backstage pass with Aaron Cash from Cuban dance sensation Ballet Revolucion
- Far North Queensland fashion designers called to spot key trends
- Dan proves his mettle with Ironman
- Honeymoon wears off quicker for women while men carry on being happy after marriage
- Tour De Force
- Women on top in the property market
- Former drug labs not disclosed to occupants
- Careful with renovations
- Astute buyers snap up houses for steal in Cairns
- Mega-mansion going mega-cheap
- Hands up if you want to buy an eco lodge on the Daintree
- Hopes new Port Hinchinbrook owners will lead a restoration revival