NARROW verges, perilous roundabouts and uneven roads are the bane of every cyclist who attempts to negotiate the Captain Cook Highway.
THE obesity epidemic is costing Cairns more than $35 million each year and it could rise to $93 million if action is not taken, health experts have warned.
ONLINE casino, poker and bingo games have led to an increase in problem gamblers, says a Cairns-based gambling support service.
INNISFAIL Hospital has been included in a hit list of the nation's hospital hot spots that reveal more than 1700 patients caught killer superbug infections in public hospitals last year.
A YOUNG driver may have landed herself in trouble after boasting about knocking a cyclist off their bike on Twitter.
HE was hoping to catch a birthday barra but instead it turned into crocodile capers for an Innisfail fisherman who finished up spending the night bunked down at home with a tenacious 2m reptile. MORE
- Tribunal meets tonight on Sharks walk-off
- Cycling coup puts Far North Queensland on sport's map
- Pride restored with comprehensive win
- Rockets just pip unlucky Marlins
- Reconciliation plays out in spirit of game
- Take a swing at Port Douglas Carnivale's 2013 sports events
- Old crew reunited in campaign for shield
Emma Louise returns to where it all began to launch her
dynamic debut album Vs Head Vs Heart. more
- Queen of the Knob looks forward to calling it a day
- Microsoft unveils next-generation Xbox One in Seattle
- Australians making presence felt at Cannes Film Festival in 2013
- Apocalyptic interactive dance at de-generator at Centre of Contemporary Arts
- Time for a big laugh at Port Douglas Carnivale's comedy events
FAR Northern aviation company Heli Charters is merging with Townsville-based company Nautilus Aviation. more
- Far North Queensland building projects compete for architecture awards
- Airport extends Ironman support in Far North Queensland
- Cairns Legacy ex-president to fight sacking and eviction of caretakers
- Cairns region in pitch to European travellers
- Green light for Cape bauxite mine
- Mining bonanza as 8000 in Far North Queensland apply for 250 jobs
- Cairns number one regional destination for conventions
ARE you a smartly-dressed, single man in your 30s? Well congratulations, you're the kind of passenger who's the most likely to get a flight upgrade. more
- It's all about meme
- Have you got the magic touch give Ironmen a good rub?
- Blak the new black in fashion modelling around Cairns
- The etiquette of being social media polite
- Cairns Ukulele Festival shaping up to hit all the right notes
- With the swipe of the hand, children lose ability to pick up pencils
- A taste of the good life in the Far North
PROPERTY prices in Cairns are surpassing most regional cities across the state following a leap inthe past quarter. more
- Smart tips for first timers
- Time for a realty check
- Crunch the numbers for home loans
- Lower interest rates next year could still be to come
- Take the stress out of selling your home
- The garish trends that result in interior horror and send buyers packing
- Borrowers saving hundreds of thousands in mortgage fees