LOCAL cyclists say improved basic maintenance such as more frequent sweeping of the road shoulder would drastically improve safety on the region's perilous highways.
A FAR Northern mother who saved the life of the man who sexually abused her 11-year-old daughter has described an extension of his jail sentence as "bittersweet".
POLICE are still trying to piece together what caused a head-on crash that killed an elderly man on the Bruce Highway south of Gordonvale yesterday.
ANYONE who takes on the Cairns juvenile boot camp will be handed a "poisoned chalice", according to local youth worker Dr Tim White.
AS the outgoing Queen of the Knob, Rachel Bradley is looking forward to a little bit of anonymity.
ALMOST directly across the road from the manic scenes of the Cannes Film Festival red carpet, a banner unfurled on the fourth floor of a modest building reads simply: "Australia". more
IT'S been almost 12 months in the making but in less than a week Cairns audiences will see one of the most captivating dance performances of 2013 as Phluxus2 Dance Collective premieres its newest work de-generator at the Centre of Contemporary Arts.
CAIRNS Airport chief executive Kevin Brown admits the success of the region's Ironman festival has gone well beyond his expectations and an ongoing long-term partnership between the two organisations is now likely. more
FORMER Cairns Legacy president Merv Hains is to fight the sacking and eviction of the caretakers of the organisation's residential units at Earlville when he returns to Australia in two weeks.
- Cairns region in pitch to European travellers
- Green light for Cape bauxite mine
- Mining bonanza as 8000 in Far North Queensland apply for 250 jobs
- Cairns number one regional destination for conventions
- The small problems at work that cost a lot
- Samsung says it has successfully tested 5G wireless
- Families hit by cut to baby bonus in Federal Budget
- It's all about meme
- Have you got the magic touch give Ironmen a good rub?
- Blak the new black in fashion modelling around Cairns
- The etiquette of being social media polite
- Cairns Ukulele Festival shaping up to hit all the right notes
- With the swipe of the hand, children lose ability to pick up pencils
- A taste of the good life in the Far North
- Time for a realty check
- Crunch the numbers for home loans
- Lower interest rates next year could still be to come
- Take the stress out of selling your home
- The garish trends that result in interior horror and send buyers packing
- Borrowers saving hundreds of thousands in mortgage fees
- Investor interest is climbing higher