A FLOCK of birds is to blame for a strike that forced a Jetstar plane to perform an emergency landing at Cairns Airport yesterday.
WHAT began as a germ of an idea, has grown in to a remarkable symbol of dedication, tenacity and generosity.
A VIDEO showcasing the Far Norths' natural wonders and the importance of protecting them will be sent to philanthropists around the world in a new fundraising push by the region's only environmental non-profit legal service.
IF ever there was a better person to spread the Share the Road message, it is a police officer.
A SPOTLIGHT-loving parrotfish from the Great Barrier Reef is creating a name for himself all over the world, shamelessly hijacking tourists' happy snaps with his impressive pearly whites. MORE
- Grabau may be ready to cop retirement
- Tribunal meets tonight on Sharks walk-off
- Cycling coup puts Far North Queensland on sport's map
- Pride restored with comprehensive win
- Rockets just pip unlucky Marlins
- Reconciliation plays out in spirit of game
- Take a swing at Port Douglas Carnivale's 2013 sports events
THE quest for making robot music with human hands goes on for Midnight Juggernauts - and there isn't a Daft Punk helmet in sight. more
- No more hangovers for Bradley Cooper after Part III
- Birds Of Tokyo announce Cairns show, with chance to win tickets
- Movie review: Dead Man Down is dead in the water
- Bombastic island grooves from Bustamento for World Music Series at Tanks
- Renegades: Outsider Art launches at KickArts Contemporary Arts
A TOUCH of luxury greeted several travel agents at Cairns Airport yesterday, after they were given a tour aboard a visiting China Eastern Airlines aircraft.
- Heli Charters and Nautilus combine forces in aviation merge
- Visitors rate Cairns a 'perfect city'
- Far North Queensland building projects compete for architecture awards
- Airport extends Ironman support in Far North Queensland
- Cairns Legacy ex-president to fight sacking and eviction of caretakers
- Cairns region in pitch to European travellers
- Green light for Cape bauxite mine
A TOUCH of luxury greeted several travel agents at Cairns Airport yesterday, after they were given a tour aboard a visiting China Eastern Airlines aircraft. more
ARE you a smartly-dressed, single man in your 30s? Well congratulations, you're the kind of passenger who's the most likely to get a flight upgrade.
- Guy Sebastian on music, pop and family
- It's all about meme
- Have you got the magic touch give Ironmen a good rub?
- Blak the new black in fashion modelling around Cairns
- The etiquette of being social media polite
- Cairns Ukulele Festival shaping up to hit all the right notes
- With the swipe of the hand, children lose ability to pick up pencils
PROPERTY prices in Cairns are surpassing most regional cities across the state following a leap inthe past quarter. more
- Smart tips for first timers
- Time for a realty check
- Crunch the numbers for home loans
- Lower interest rates next year could still be to come
- Take the stress out of selling your home
- The garish trends that result in interior horror and send buyers packing
- Borrowers saving hundreds of thousands in mortgage fees