UPDATED: With the easing rain overnight, the following roads were reopened this morning.
The Bruce Highway has reopened at Gordonvale but remains shut at Tully.
The Captain Cook Highway also remains closed to the north.
The access road to Machans Beach is still closed.
Police advised motorists this morning to not attempt to use any roads that have barriers across them.
Yesterday the closures were as follows:
* Freshwater Creek roundabout closed
* Lower Freshwater road
* Caravonica roundabout open but with heavy traffic
* Yorkeys Knob access roads (both) closed
* Holloways Beach access road closed
* Machans Beach access road closed
* Cedar road, Palm Cove
* Bruce Highway closed to all traffic at Mulgrave Bridge, Gordonvale
* Cardwell to Tully road closed
PROCEED WITH CAUTION
* Slip on
* Lake St- water on side of road.
* Reservoir Road slip - being cleaned up - proceed with caution
* Yarrabah Rd at Boggy Creek - water over road - proceed with care
* Bruce Highwaybtwn Edmonton and Gordonvale - proceed with caution
* Corssland Russell Rd- water over Rd - proceed with caution
* Dexter Rd- OLeary's Bridge water 1.5m over (Not confirmed)
* Dempsy St Gordonvale - water on road - proceed with caution
NEW: ATHERTON TABLELANDS
* Kuranda-Myola Rd is closed at Warrell Creek
* Wolfram Rd (near Dimbulah) at the Walsh River is closed
* Longlands Gap Rd at Wondecla is closed
* The Burke Development Rd at Eureka is closed
* Bushy Creek, Speer Creek, Rifle Creek and Mitchell Flats at Mt Molloy are all over
* Rex Range is closed
* Mt Suprise-Almaden Rd is closed
* Kennedy Highway between Mt Garnet and Innot Hot Springs is closed
* Curtain Fig Tree Rd at Yunguburra is closed
* Gillies Highway is closed between Atherton and Yunguburra at the Barron River
* Kennedy Highway from Mt Garnet to Ravenshoe is closed
* Ravenshoe to Tomoulin Rd is closed
* Kuranda Range Rd has one lane open
Information courtesy of Simon Cameron, Tablelands Advertiser
IN THE REGION
Captain Cook Highway, Cairns to Port Douglas
* Captain Cook Highway, Palm Cove to Port Douglas, is closed to all vehicles at Boer Street and Mowbray River turnoff.
* The Captain Cook Highway, Foxton Bridge at Mossman is currently closed.
* Captain Cook Highway is open with extreme care at Crees Creek and Yule Point at Craiglie.
* Myola Rd at Warril Creek Kuranda is closed to all vehicles.
Bruce Highway, Mulgrave River south of Gordonvale
* Yarrabah Road from the Bruce Highway to the top of the range, is open to all vehicles with care.
* The Bruce Highway is closed to all traffic at Mulgrave Bridge, Gordonvale.
Gillies Highway, Gordonvale to Yungaburra
* Gillies Hwy at Peets Bridge Gordonvale is closed to all vehicles
* Gillies Range at Milky Pine Bend is close
* Gillies Hwy Gordonvale to bottom of Gillies range at Mulgrave River, is open to all vehicles with care.
Go to the RACQ’s road reports for more information or call 1300 130 595
Check out our photo gallery for great images of the wet weather.
Readers have also been sending in great images, CLICK HERE
Check the Main Roads webcams for more detailed information.
Share this article
RECORD-busting rains have left Port Douglas awash under 446mm of water in 24 hours, breaking the town's 117-year rain-gauge history for a March tally. more
FOR the second time in less than a week, a major Far Northern business has taken a hammering on the Australian stock exchange. more
GREEN groups are concerned that Department of Environment staff investigating allegations of soil run-off at False Cape could be influenced by workers showing them around the controversial development. more