Electrician killed in accident at Bentley Park
BREAKING NEWS: An electrician has died after being electrocuted while working at Bentley Park College this morning.
The man, believed to be in his early 20s, was working in the roof of a building at the school when he is believed to have come into contact with live wires and collapsed about 8.10am.
Queensland Ambulance Service operations supervisor Neil Noble said paramedics spent about 30 minutes trying to revive the man, before he was pronounced dead about 8.50am.
Workplace Health and Safety officers have spent the morning investigating the death.
NEW CAIRNS.COM.AU COMMENT POLICY
We welcome your comments on this story. Comments are submitted for possible publication on the condition that they may be edited. Comments submitted without a full name and suburb/location will not be considered for publication. Please read our full comment policy and publication guidelines.