Australia Day weekend events quick reference list
Not much time? Check out our quick list of local events to celebrate Australia Day:
SHORT LIST TO THIS WEEKEND'S EVENTS:
SATURDAY EVENT SUMMARY:
- BellaVista at the Marina (Pier Point Rd, Cairns): Going “old school” with music and freebies.
- Cairns Surf Lifesaving Club (Palm Cove Surf Club, 135 Williams Esplanade, Palm Cove): Family Fun day with novelty events and 2km or 4km beach course.
- Courthouse Hotel (Abbott St, Cairns): Games, music and food.
- The Esplanade (Cairns): Family events throughout the day from noon.
- Gilligan’s (57-89 Grafton St, Cairns): Evening music, the Little Aussie Cozzie (Bikini Comp) and more.
- The Grand Hotel (34 McLeod St, Cairns): Big wheel all day and night with giveaways and prizes.
- The Heritage Nightclub (Cnr Lake and Spence streets): Music hosted by Optimus Rhymes.
- PJ O’Brien’s (87 Lake St, Cairns): Best dressed comp and late-night music, free entry.
- Reef Hotel Casino (35-41 Wharf Street, Cairns): Celebrating all week with music and more.
- Salt House (6/2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns): Live music, prizes and best dressed comp.
- Society Bar (15 Spence St, Cairns): Get dressed up for the Aussie Day Sports Trivia and Auction.
- Sugar Hut (1/39-49 Lake St, Cairns): Free entry before 10pm and the Little Town Celebrity Big Aussie Pie Challenge.
- The Squadron (42-48 Tingira St, Portsmith): Barbecue lunch and entertainment. Bookings required on 4035 5115.
SUNDAY EVENT SUMMARY:
- BellaVista at the Marina (Pier Point Rd, Cairns): DJ Sammy from 3pm with more to late.
- The Esplanade, Fogarty Park (Cairns): Hot line-up of live music, free from 11.30am.
- The Grand Hotel (34 McLeod St, Cairns): Free pool all day and music.
- The Jack (Cnr Spence and Sheridan Sts, Cairns): Miss Hawaiian Tropic Swimsuit Model Search.
- Reef Hotel Casino (35-41 Wharf Street, Cairns): Second-last day of a week of celebrations featuring music and more.
- Salt House (6/2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns): Family Fun Brekky with entertainment. Bookings essential on 4041 7733.
- Sugar Hut (1/39-49 Lake St, Cairns): Doors open from 7pm, with live music and DJ.
NEW CAIRNS.COM.AU COMMENT POLICY
We welcome your comments on this story. Comments are submitted for possible publication on the condition that they may be edited. Comments submitted without a full name and suburb/location will not be considered for publication. Please read our full comment policy and publication guidelines.