Thank you for your interest in seeking The Cairns Post as a sponsorship partner. The Cairns Post have established strong community ties through our support of community activities, including sponsorships of sporting organisations, major events, business associations and the arts.
The Cairns Post receives frequent requests for sponsorship, therefore we ask that you submit a formal Sponsorship Application so that we can fairly and accurately assess each request. This allows us to ensure that we grant sponsorship to those who provide a real benefit to our readers and the community, and also help us to achieve the company’s marketing and communication objectives.
Process for Consideration
In order to be considered for sponsorship you must submit a formal Sponsorship Application, which consists of two parts:
1: A letter of Proposal
2: Application Form
All Sponsorship Applications must be submitted in writing to Anne-Marie Campagnolo, The Cairns Post Marketing Manager at:
Mail: PO Box 126, Cairns QLD 4870
Fax: 07) 4052 6932
All Sponsorship Applications will receive written notification of the outcome once they have been thoughtfully considered.
1) Letter of Proposal:
The letter of proposal is requested so that you may introduce and outline your organisation, event or association to the Cairns Post. Please use the pointers below as an indicator of what information is expected, and try to include as much relevant and concise information as you can.
- Concise description of your sponsorship opportunity;
- History of the event or activity;
- Overview of your marketing plan - including relevant info such as what activities are confirmed and not confirmed;
- Estimated attendance if applicable;
- Demographics - who watches, who attends, audience characteristics.
- List of sponsors who have committed to date;
- A comprehensive list of benefits, including how they relate to The Cairns Post;
- Timeline, including important deadlines;
- Credentials of your company/ organisation, including long term goals of your organisation or event;
- Exclusivity offered (including other media);
- Estimated value of all exposure and benefits;
- Potential for this sponsorship to generate paper sales.
2) Application Form:
Please complete the following sponsorship application form and attach to your proposal.
What we look for in a sponsor:
Sponsorships should complement the existing brand values of The Cairns Post and/or associated brands, enhance the image, and provide a platform for increased readership and circulation. Sponsorship is not a donation (in cash or kind) for which little or no commercial return is expected.
A minimum of two (2) months lead time is required prior to the date of the potential sponsorship, the optimal timing is six (6) months prior. Sponsorships requiring substantial investment from The Cairns Post will require a minimum twelve (12) month lead time. Proposals received with a shorter lead time are unlikely to be considered.
Sponsorships must provide a selection of the following:
- A natural link with The Cairns Post
- Creative ideas for utilisation of the sponsorship
- Sponsorship exclusivity
- Media exclusivity
- Cross-promotional opportunities with other sponsor partners
- Naming rights
- On-site or other newspaper sales opportunities
- Provide opportunity for key customer hospitality
- Provide promotional main media time/space (logo exposure is not deemed significant)
- Specifically target one of our primary demographics
- The opportunity to target the brand The Cairns Post or one of its sub-brands (i.e. cairnseye Magazine, cairns.com.au) as the 'Official Newspaper of X event'.
- Provision of tickets/prizes etc, which can be utilised as a reader promotion
- Provision of advertising revenues from the event or other sponsor partners
- Something money 'cannot buy' to offer to readers
- Website / RSS Links