GETTING TO AND FROM
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Only 7,500 tickets are available to the 2011 timeOUT Day In The Park!
Discounted tickets are available by simply collecting 12 timeOUT tokens from The Cairns Post from Monday 4th July until Saturday, 16th July. Present the tokens together with $25 at The Cairns Post reception desk (22-24 Abbott Street, Cairns), and you will receive your ticket. You have until 5pm Friday 22 July to collect your discounted ticket.
Full price tickets are available for $80 from The Cairns Post reception desk, or with your credit card by phoning Chrystal on 07 4052 6934.
Different tickets will be allocated to under-age and 18+ ticket holders. For 18+ tickets, proof of age (current drivers license, proof of age card or passport) must be shown on collection of the ticket AND again at the entry to the festival. Without proof of age, ticket holders will receive an underage arm band, no matter how old you are.
Please choose carefully. Unfortunately, there are no refunds. This is covered in the terms and conditions during purchase. However, you will be able to exchange 18+ tickets for under-age tickets, and vice-versa, with proof of age (current drivers license, proof of age card or passport).
timeOUT Day In The Park is being held at Fogarty Park, on the southern end of the Cairns Esplanade.
Sunbus operates throughout the Cairns region. For all timetables and stops, visit www.sunbus.com.au.
Black and White Taxis also operate throughout Cairns. To book a taxi, call 131 008. When leaving the City, Taxis are available from taxi ranks in the City Place, along The Esplanade outside of McDonalds or outside the Reef Casino.
There are numerous car parks around the CBD. The nearest is the Southern Esplanade Carpark (at the Pier Marketplace). This car park is 80c per hour, 10 hours maximum parking, 7 days a week. On-street parking in the CBD is $1.00 per hour, 8.30-5.00pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30-11.30am Saturday. Parking is free on Sundays. However, if no times of days are indicated on signage, then paid parking is in operation 24 hours, 7 days a week.
All patrons under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian aged 20 years or older, at all times at the festival. Patrons aged 11 and under are admitted free, however they must be accompanied by a ticket bearing parent or guardian aged 20 years or older, at all times.
All patrons over 12 years or older must bear a ticket.
A parent or guardian, aged 20 years or older, may accompany a maximum of 3 minors only.
All parents or guardians must present valid proof of age at the entry gate to show that they are aged 20 years or older.
Patrons under the age of 14 will be refused entry if their nominated parent or guardian is not present with them at the entry gate, and to accompany them at all times during the festival.
It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure that patrons under the age of 14 in their care comply with instructions issued by festival staff, and/or all permanent and temporary signage throughout the festival site.
Any breach of these conditions may result in the eviction of the parent or guardian, and accompanying patrons aged under 14 from the festival site.
If a patron aged under 14 is evicted, for any reason, their parent or guardian will also be evicted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
|IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
We want you and your friends have a great time at timeOUT Day In The Park! Please read the below information in conjunction with the event Terms and Conditions- and ensure you rock out till the end!
Make sure you bring your ID and your ticket. If you do not bring your ID, you will be given an under-age ticket and will not be accepted into the 18+ area, or served alcohol. No exceptions.
Ticket prices are the same for all ages.
You will be wrist banded upon entry. There will be different wristbands for under-age attendees and 18+ attendees. Do not remove your wristband until you have left the festival. Anyone found swapping wristbands will be removed from the festival.
Dont bring any banned items or they will be confiscated at the gate. Check the FAQs for banned items.
Footwear is compulsory, and closed in shoes are recommended if you plan on getting down in the mosh pit. Thongs and sandals are an unwise choice at a festival.
There are NO PASS OUTS. If you leave the festival venue, you will not be allowed back in.
There are no ATM, eftpos or credit facilities within the festival. Bring enough cash to last you the whole day, because there are no pass outs.
Drink responsibly. People who are unduly intoxicated will not be served alcohol and will be removed from the festival.
You cannot BYO alcohol.
First aid facilities and chill out zones will be available at the festival.
There will be a number of food stalls at the festival dont forget to refuel!
Police will be present at the event.
Security guards will be present throughout the venue. If ever you feel your safety, or anyone elses safety is at risk, do not hesitate to contact a security guard.
Please respect the locals and the environment. Fogarty Park is used by locals and tourists alike, so keep it beautiful for all of us!
Please follow the directions of festival staff and security personnel at all times. Failure to do so may result in being removed from the festival.
timeOUT Day In The Park will be a 7 hour festival. Be sure to pace yourself so you dont burn out early and miss out on the fun!
Avoid dehydration dont forget to drink plenty of water.
Be sun-safe. While we all love the sun, we dont love the blistering and dangerous burns that come after not wearing sunscreen!
Parents/guardians will be responsible for the behaviour and actions of minors in their care. For more information visit the Children Policy above.
Watch out for your mates keep them out of trouble. If one member of a group is removed from the festival, the whole group will be removed as well.
WHAT TO BRING: Cash (there will be no ATM facilities on the grounds, and only one EFTPOS terminal at each bar) and ID no persons will be served alcohol without ID.
WHAT NOT TO BRING: Alcohol (no BYO), Illicit substances, eskys, food, backpacks/ large bags, drinks or water bottles, food, recording devices and anything deemed harmful to others.
Rain, hail or shine, the show must go on!
|TERMS & CONDITIONS - timeOUT IN THE PARK
TOKENS AND TOKEN FORM
1. A timeOUT Token and Token Form will be published in The Cairns Post everyday for 2 weeks from Monday, July 4 to Saturday, July 16, 2010 (excluding Sunday).
2. To be eligible for one (1) discounted timeOUT Day In The Park festival ticket (valued at $80); you must attach twelve (12) original Tokens to one original Token Form and pay $25 to The Cairns Post.
3. Photocopied Tokens and Token Forms will not be accepted.
4. Multiple entries are permitted.
5. Your completed Token Form and Tokens must be received by The Cairns Post by no later than 5pm, Friday, July 22. Entries lodged by mail must also reach The Cairns Post by 5pm Friday, July 22. Late entries will not be accepted and will be deemed ineligible to receive a discounted ticket.
6. You can lodge your Token Form and collect your ticket at:
CAIRNS: The Cairns Post reception, 22-24 Abbott Street, Cairns.
VIA MAIL: You can post your completed Token Form to PO BOX 9000, CAIRNS QLD 4870. Fill in your credit card details and we will charge your credit card with $25 per Token Form/ticket. We will post your ticket to the address specified on the Token Form. If you do not wish to supply your credit card number on the Token Form, please call (07) 4052 6934 to give credit card details over the phone.
7. All tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. If unused, lost or damaged, tickets will not be re-issued.
8. Tickets are NOT to be re-sold or transferred by anyone but the promoter of the concert or their authorised agents. On-sold tickets will be void and the holder will be refused entry.
9. Refunds are at the organisers discretion, in the event of cancellation.
10. Ticket holders consent to be filmed as members of the audience & personal information to be used commercially unless otherwise specifically stated.
11. Tickets are two different colours, depending on age bracket.
12. timeOUT Day In The Park will be held at the Cairns Esplanade, Fogarty Park on Saturday, August 13, 2011.
13. timeOUT Day In The Park is an all ages event.
14. timeOUT Day In The Park runs from 3.00pm until 10.00pm.
15. Entry to timeOUT Day In The Park is at own risk.
16. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the event, change the date, venue or entertainment.
17. The organiser shall not be held liable or held responsible for any person(s) or property loss, injury or damage sustained before, during or after the event or at the venue.
18. The organisers, security and the police reserve the right to check all bags and persons upon entry. Failure to comply with mandatory checks will result in non-entry. You will not be permitted to enter with alcohol, food, illicit substances, food, drink or water bottles, backpacks, eskys or large bags.
19. Alcohol will be available to patrons over the age of 18. Every person will be ID checked and provided with a non-removable wrist band upon entry.
20. Intoxicated persons will not be admitted.
21. The Cairns Post and Queensland Police promote a safe and responsible environment. If you intend to consume alcohol please organise transport to and from the venue. Police will be out in force breath testing and patrolling the grounds. There will be a zero tolerance policy in place. Bottled water will be available at the bars.
22. Smoking will be permitted in designated areas only. Failure to abide by the law will result in on the spot fines.
23. There are no pass outs. Once you leave the grounds you will not be permitted back in.
24. Wheelchair access will be available.
25. WHAT NOT TO BRING Alcohol (no BYO), Illicit substances, eskys, food, backpacks/ large bags, drinks or water bottles, food, recording devices and anything deemed harmful to others.
26. WHAT TO BRING Cash (there will be no ATM facilities on the grounds, and only one EFTPOS terminal at each bar) and ID no persons will be served alcohol without ID.
27. DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
28. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions.
29. The promotion commences on Monday, July 4 and ends on Friday, July 22.
30. The timeOUT Day In The Park ticket is valued at $85ea.
31. Tickets can only be claimed if the claimant has a valid token form (including 12 tokens), plus $25 and all required information.
32. The tokens must be an original The Cairns Post coupon.
34. Promoter is The Cairns Post, 22-24 Abbott Street, Cairns Qld 4870. ABN 79 009 655 752.
35. To contact the promotion organiser, phone 07 4052 6934.
If you have any questions about tickets or the event email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.